Crime Statistics in the State of Georgia

Georgia Arrest Records and Warrant Search

Please fill in the form below to begin your Georgia criminal records search

By searching you certify that you are above 18 years of age

Georgia’s Uniform Crime Reporting Program is part of the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s national program. It is has a number of statistics and databases that offer information on serious criminal offenses that have been reported to or is being investigated. It also offers information on the number of arrests for all types of crimes collected from law enforcement agencies. The data displayed in this annual report is obtained from arrest reports submitted by the law enforcement agencies.

As a side note, you should know that the UCR data presented here can be used upon request, by contacting the UCR program at (404) 270-8488 or faxing to (404) 270-8463. Statistics for the 2006-2010 time frame are to be found at this link Each of these reports includes the following:

  • Profile of Reported Index Crimes – 2010
  • Reported Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) Index Crimes – 2010
  • Profile of Persons Arrested by Specific Age, Sex, and Race – 2010
  • Juvenile Arrests for Index and Part II Arrests – 2006–2010
  • Juvenile Arrest Dispositions – 2006–2010
  • Comparison of Reported Index Crimes and Arrests – 2006–2010
  • Reported Arrests for Index Crimes by Age Groups – 2006–2010
  • Law Enforcement Officers Killed or Assaulted – 2010
  • Georgia’s Law Enforcement Personnel – 2010
  • Georgia’s Family Violence Incidents – 2006-2010

According to the 2010 data, violent crimes (0.15% murders, 0.55% rapes, 3% robberies, 6% aggravated assault) have represented 10% of total crimes that have occurred in the State of Georgia, while the rest of 90% were property crimes (24% burglaries, 57% larceny, 8% motor vehicle theft, 0.3% arson). The percentages come from a total of 37,000 violent crimes and more than 340,000 property crimes. The 2010 total index crime was 381,000 or 3,900 at a rate of 100,000 citizens.

The reported metropolitan statistical area report offers detailed data on the index crimes in 2010 for all the important metropolitan areas in Georgia, counties included. Comparisons can be made between different counties. Each county has its own statistics concerning the precise number of reported crimes, rapes, robberies, aggravated assaults etc. And the index crime theft showed in percentages can help complete fast comparisons. Special attention needs to be given to the Atlanta County, which has officially reported 55% of the total theft rate from all Georgian counties, with more than 200,000 crimes reported in the metropolitan areas. All in all, the total percentage of metropolitan crimes represent 85% of the total number of crimes that have occurred in the state of Georgia.

A detailed report and profile of the persons that have been arrested in 2010 can also be found online. The report also mentions the age, sex and race. Also found online is the 2006-2010 statistics concerning juvenile arrests. According to this data, the total number of juvenile arrests has dropped in 2010 as compared to 2009; nevertheless, the 2006-2008 time frame has seen an increase in the total number of crimes committed by young people.

There is definitely a drop in the number of violent crimes that have been committed during 2006 and 2010. The overall number of crimes committed has seen an increase during the 2006-2008 time frame, and a decrease during 2008 to 2010.