In Appling County, Georgia, arrest warrants related information is maintained in various formats by several state agencies. So, if the idea of taking a trip down to the precinct does not appeal to you or is merely unfeasible because you have an active warrant in your name, there are other options available.
Remember that most state agencies will require you to come down to their office in person for a warrant search. Since you cannot do this without risking arrest, the best approach would be to get a friend or relative or even your attorney to conduct the inquiry for you. Of course, this will have to be discreet as abetting a felon is also a crime punishable with a prison term.
The three state departments that one ma contact for information on outstanding warrants include:
- The office of the magistrate: 69 Tippins Street, Suite 103, Baxley, GA 31513
- The office of the sheriff: 560 Barnes Street, Suite B, Baxley, Georgia 31513
- The office of the county clerk: PO Box 269, Baxley, Georgia 31513
Also, information on arrest records from Appling is provided online by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation at https://gta.georgia.gov/georgia-felon-search. Online records are also available through the sheriff’s department at http://www.applingcountysheriffsoffice.com/INDEX.html.
However, you will be furnishing your name and contact information to the justice agency by using your credit card to pay the applicable search fee. This can get you in trouble depending on the seriousness of the crime in which the outstanding warrant against you was released.
If official sources are not an option, fret not. You can always use the services of a private database agency. Filling the form above will get you access to a third-party repository of arrest records.
Over the phone, how can you inquire about active warrants and recent arrests from Appling County? (2021-current)
- Questions on recent arrests and outstanding warrants: (912) 367-8120.
- Inquiries pertaining to arrests and warrants handled by Baxley PD: (912) 367-8305.
- Details about initiating a warrant search or requesting an arrest report through Graham PD: (912) 367-8111.
- Questions pertaining to victim/witness assistance: (912) 554-7200.
- Inquiries about criminal court records: (912) 367-2468.
Crime statistics of Appling County
In7, the Appling County Sheriff’s Department dealt with about 324 criminal complaints. Around 300 of the complaints were for property crimes. There were 175 cases of larceny-theft, 109 incidents of burglary, and 20 cases of motor vehicle theft in this category. Allegations of aggravated assault resulted in the filing of 18 violent crime complaints.
Older crime statistics
The county receives a little over 300 criminal complaints every year. Of these, just about 8% are violent. While crime figures for Appling, GA are only available for the years 2002 and 2008, they show a marked downtrend and decrease of almost 70% in overall and violent crime rates.