If you believe an arrest warrant has been issued for your arrest in Monroe County, you should do a warrant search to confirm your suspicions. Knowing about an arrest warrant before the arrest will allow you the opportunity to contact an attorney to help represent you against the charges in the arrest warrant. In Monroe County, you can search for outstanding warrants by contacting the court or the Sheriff’s Department. If you genuinely believe there is an outstanding warrant for your arrest, be careful about performing a warrant search in person at the Sheriff’s Office as you may be detained and incarcerated.
The Sheriff’s Department is located at 36 Langston Avenue in Forsyth, GA 30129. Through the Sheriff’s website, you can access some information about offenders; however, you will likely need to visit the office in person to request copies of arrest records or information about outstanding warrants.
Because most arrest warrants are issued through the courts, you should search for active warrants with both the courts that serve for Monroe County. Neither court has an online index for court cases; therefore, you will need to visit both offices to search for open criminal cases. The Superior Court is located at 1 Courthouse Square at N. Lee Street, W Johnston Street, and N. Jackson Street in Forsyth, Georgia. The Magistrate Court’s office is at 145 L Cary Bittick Drive in Forsyth, GA 31029. Searching court records should be free to the public; however, copies of court documents will require the payment of copy fees to the Clerk’s Office.
How do you get information on Monroe County active warrants and arrests over the phone? (2021- Update)
- Contact the non-emergency dispatch phone line of the Monroe County Sheriff for details on recent arrests: 478-994-7010.
- Contact the Monroe County Jail to access prisoner records and for inmate searches- 478-994-7051.
- Contact the police for arrest records, incident, and accident reports- 478-994-7717.
- Contact the Investigations Division for information about a specific criminal case- 478-994-7043.
- Contact the Clerk of Court for a case search- 478-994-7022.
- Contact the Victim’s Services to get help for crime victims- 478-994-7287.
Monroe County, GA crime data
The Monroe Sheriff’s Office handled 226 criminal complaints in 2019, compared to almost 530 in 2018. Of these, more than 200 were property offenses and 16 were violent offenses. The reported crimes included:
- 148 larceny thefts, 48 burglaries, and 14 auto thefts
- 10 aggravated assaults, 3 rapes, and 3 robberies.
From 2001 to 2007, approximately 900 crimes were reported in Monroe County, including almost 100 crimes considered violent. Over the ten years from 1999 through 2008, the rate of crime in Monroe County grew by more than fifty percent, with almost one-half of the crimes occurring less than one mile from the victim’s residence.