As far as active warrants in Dade County, Georgia are concerned, the magistrate’s court plays a traditional role in the process of their issue. Upon receiving a formal complaint from the police department or the state prosecutor, the sitting magistrate deliberates on the information available in the matter up to that point.
The evidence collected has to be enough for a person of reasonable mind to concur with the police on the accused’s guilt. The affidavit has to start with an explanation of why the police believe that a particular incident was a criminal act, to begin with. This procedure is known as the establishment of probable cause.
The order for detention issued after the completion of this procedure is legally termed as an active warrant. In contrast, an outstanding warrant from Dade County, Georgia, is a detention decree held back in the law enforcement system as it could not be executed immediately upon release. Arrest warrants issued in felonies are not limited by time or geography.
This means that a person who has such an order in his name can be arrested even if the warrant against him is several years old. Also, he can be detained outside the issuing county. To find Dade County, Georgia arrest records and for a warrant search, you can get in touch with:
- The office of the magistrate that issues these detention orders: 12371 N Main St, Trenton, GA 30752
- The office of the sheriff that applies for such decrees: 75 Case Ave, Trenton, Georgia 30752
- The office of the county clerk that prepares and keeps the court dockets: U.S Highway 11 North, Trenton, Georgia 30752
Is it possible to obtain information about Dade County arrest warrants and recent arrests by phone? (2021-Update)
- To get information about arrests (last 24 hours), contact the Corrections Division at 706-657-2277
- To get information on outstanding warrants, contact the Magistrate’s Court via phone at 706-657-4113.
- To learn about the status of an investigation, contact the Criminal Investigations Unit at 706-657-3233.
- To get details about victim’s advocacy, contact the District Attorney’s Office at 706-638-2121.
- To learn more about how to get criminal court records, contact the Clerk of Court’s Office at 706-657-4778.
Crime statistics of Dade County
In 2018, the Sheriff’s Department of Dade County dealt with about 61 criminal complaints. Property offenses accounted for 55 of these complaints. This crime category included 46 larceny thefts, 5 burglaries, and 4 vehicle thefts. Of the complaints filed against violent crimes, 5 were against assault.
Older crime statistics
Dade County, Georgia, has one of the lowest crime rates in the state, with less than 100 crimes reported per annum. Also, the rate of violent crime is meager, at just about 5% of the total number of cases filed every year. Although there has been a drastic reduction of almost 200% in the rate of violent crime in the area, the overall number of crimes reported increased by nearly 70%.