Having an outstanding warrant should cause you sleepless nights because if you are pulled over for a traffic violation or if your identification is checked for any reason, you will be arrested on the spot. In Dougherty County, Georgia, Arrest warrants are issued by the Magistrate Court and served by the sheriff’s office. Arrest records are maintained by the Clerk of Court and can be searched through an online database.
Performing a Dougherty County warrant search is as simple as visiting the Clerk of Court’s website. Choose “Case Management” from the search menu to open up the court docket search page (you must accept the disclaimer and terms to continue). Click on “party name” to continue to the search screen where you can enter the person’s name and limit the search to criminal records (choose criminal for “search case type”).
If you have problems navigating the website to search for active or outstanding warrants, you may contact the Clerk of Court during its regular business hours.
If you do a warrant, search the on yourself, and find an outstanding arrest warrant, do not ignore it, which will make matters worse. Contact an attorney as soon as possible to find out how you should proceed. Suppose you cannot afford an attorney to represent you in a criminal matter in the State of Georgia, such as defending an arrest warrant. In that case, the State must appoint a public defender to represent you.
Is it possible to get information on Dougherty County arrests and warrants over the phone? (2021-Update)
- To access the report of an event handled by the police ( arrests and accidents), contact Dougherty County PD at 229-430-6600.
- For questions about active warrants, please contact the Magistrate Court at 229-431-3216.
- To inquire about recent arrests and inmate arrest records, dial the phone number of the Dougherty County Sheriff’s Office- 229-431-3259.
- To obtain information about a specific criminal complaint, call the Investigation Division at 229-878-3159.
- To learn about criminal case court dates and criminal judicial records, contact the Clerk of Court at 229-431-2198.
Crime Statistics of Dougherty County, GA
The Dougherty Sheriff’s Department received fewer than 4,000 criminal complaints in 2019, compared to over 5,000 instances in 2018. There were around 3300 property offenses and over 700 crimes against people, among them.
Around 2,300b larceny thefts, more than 675 burglaries, 12 arson cases, and 226 motor vehicle thefts were among the property offenses recorded. Approximately 525 aggravated assaults, 35 rapes, 10 homicides, and 144 robberies were among the reported violent offenses.
Together, theft and burglary equal over 50% of the total crimes committed in Dougherty County during the ten years from 1999 to 2008. The county saw a decrease in crime rates by 1115% overall, with violent crimes decreasing by 2738%.