Burgeoning crime instances are quickly turning into the bane of peace and harmony in the community across several states, and Morgan County, Georgia, is no different. So, this is certainly not the right time to relegate the importance of a safety measure like a warrant search in Morgan, GA.
You will be doing yourself a great disservice by not looking for arrest records on a person you intend to do business with or employ. Crime watchers even suggest that you should not be sparing personal acquaintances from an active warrant check. Unfortunately, many people assume that an inquiry for information on active and outstanding warrants cannot be made without alerting the subject.
This could not be further from the truth as a signed consent form is not required to access third party criminal data and information on arrest warrants in Georgia. The only time you would have to notify the subject about the results of such an inquiry is if he/she is denied employment based on the response received. In such a case, the Fair Credit Reporting Act applies, and you will have to tell the person what the report said and the name of the agency that offered it.
To initiate a Morgan, Georgia warrant search, for employment or personal reasons, you can approach:
- The office of the sheriff: 2380 Athens Hwy, Madison, Georgia 30650
- The issuing agency which is the magistrate’s court: 384 Hancock St, Madison, GA 30650
- The judicial department that maintains the court dockets, which in this case is the county clerk’s office: North Second Street, Madison, Georgia 30650.
If you need information on Morgan County recent arrests and warrants, whom should you call? (In 2021)
- To get arrest records, contact the Sheriff’s Department at (706) 342-1507.
- To find out about recent arrests, contact the Morgan County Jail at (706) 342-2164.
- To inquire about a criminal matter, contact the Investigation Division at (706) 342-5065 (for victims only)
- To get information about outstanding warrants, call the Morgan County Magistrate’s Court at (706) 342-3088.
- To learn how to obtain criminal case records, contact the Clerk of Court’s office at (706) 342-3605.
- To request victim’s assistance information, contact the District Attorney’s Office at (478) 986-3166.
Crime statistics of Morgan County
In 2019, the Morgan Sheriff’s Department dealt with 98 criminal complaints. These included 91 non-violent crimes and 7 violent crimes.
The non-violent crimes category included 70 larceny thefts, 10 burglaries, and 11 motor vehicle thefts. The complaints filed in the violent crime category were all against assault.
Older crime statistics
Morgan, GA is an area with a low crime rate and incident averages of less than 300 per annum. While the police were successful in bringing down the crime incident averages by almost 50% from 2005 to 2007, in 2008, the total crime figures rose sharply. Despite this, there has been an overall decrease of nearly 40% in the entire criminal activity than the numbers of 2001.