Searching for arrest records in Barrow County will require a trip to the county offices. Unfortunately, Barrow County does not maintain an online database for searching arrest warrants. The Magistrate’s Court for Barrow County issues arrest records; therefore, this is an excellent place to begin our arrest records search. The Magistrate Court is located in the county courthouse at 652 Barrow Park Drive, Suite F, Winder, GA, 30680. You can also contact the court during normal business hours, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The Clerk of Court for Barrow County also maintains the criminal records for cases heard before Barrow County courts. The Clerk’s Office is also located in the county courthouse on Barrow Park Drive but Suite B. The office hours are also the same as the Magistrate’s Court, so visiting both locations to search for arrest records and outstanding arrest warrants can be done simultaneously.
Another source for searching criminal records in Barrow County is the Sherriff’s Office. The Sherriff’s Office is located at 30 North Broad Street, Winder, GA, 30680. The Criminal Investigations Division is in charge of investigating crimes in Barrow County. This unit is a good source for current and ongoing criminal investigations.
The Administration Division of the Sherriff’s Office maintains the office’s records and is the best place to search for active arrest warrants. While you must physically go to the Sherriff’s Office to search for criminal records, you can perform an online search for current inmates at the Sherriff’s website by pulling up the Daily Inmate Population Report under the Detention Division.
How do you get information on Barrow County active warrants and arrests over the phone? (2021- Update)
- For general inquiries and questions pertaining to arrests, use the non-emergency phone number of the Barrow County Sheriff’s Office- (770) 307-3080
- To request arrest records and incident accident reports, get in touch with the Records Manager of the Sheriff’s Office at (770) 307-3080 ext. 5749.
- For assistance available to victims and witnesses of crimes, contact the Barrow County District Attorney’s Office at 770 307-3040
- To get judicial records, talk to the Clerk of Courts Office to understand the procedure for a case search- 770 307-3035 (Superior Court Clerk) and 770 307-3150 (Magistrate Court).
- For discussing a criminal case with the officer handling the matter, contact the relevant law enforcement agency- 770 867-2156 (Winder Police Department), 770 725-5992 (Statham City Police), 770 513-8657 (Auburn Police Department)
Crime Statistics of Barrow County, GA
The overall crime rate of Barrow County increased by 20% between 2018 and 2019. As compared to the nearly 30 complaints filed in 2018, the local police only received approximately 14 complaints in 2019. Of the cases registered, 13 were against property crimes, with larceny-theft complaints taking the lead in this category. Violent crimes led to the filing of 2 complaints.
Crime rates in Barrow County between 2001 and 2008 totaled only 12,160 crimes meaning a crime happened approximately every 5 hours. Of the total crimes committed, 13 were murders, while over half of all crimes consisted of theft-related charges.