All criminal functions, including submitting an affidavit for Screven County’s issue, Georgia arrest warrants, are done by the local sheriff’s department’s illegal services divisions. This branch of the law enforcement agency receives the warrant upon the issue. The court services division also hands over the active warrants to the deputies in charge, so they can be used to make an arrest.
However, arrest orders that cannot be executed are not archived by this division. The agency’s support services department handles all outstanding warrants and disseminates information about arrest records to public applicants. For a warrant search in Screven, GA, it is also possible to directly contact the magistrate’s office.
Because all arrest warrants in Screven County, Georgia, are issued by the county court with criminal jurisdiction, the magistrate’s office will be able to furnish information on all judicial instruments released in specific criminal or civil matters. So, when you approach this state agency for a background check, you can get details about summons, bench warrants, subpoenas, convictions, sentencing, and more.
The office of the clerk of court also maintains information about warrant a release. This agency is in charge of preparing and archiving the court dockets. A trip to the local courthouse is all it will take to browse through their database of trial records.
Since this department maintains information from the civil and criminal tribunals, you can get details on all felonies and misdemeanors that the subject was accused of, along with any civil litigation that he/she may be involved in. To contact these agencies, you can try:
- Police: 339 Rocky Ford Rd, Sylvania, Georgia 30467
- Magistrate: 216 Mims Rd, Sylvania, GA 30467
- County clerk: PO Box 156, Sylvania, Georgia 30467
Is it possible to get information on Screven County arrest warrants and recent arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- Contact the Screven County Sheriff’s Office at 912-564-2013 in order to know about recent arrests.
- Reach out to Sylvania PD at 912-564-2056 to obtain arrest records and incident reports from them.
- Reach out to the District Attorney’s Office at 912-764-9924 for victim’s assistance.
- Contact the Clerk of Court at 912-564-2614 for information on how to begin a criminal case search.
- Reach out to the Magistrate’s Court at 912-564-7375 for details on active warrants.
Crime statistics of Screven County
Approximately 150 criminal complaints were filed in Screven County in 2019. Around 110 were for property offenses such as larceny-theft (59), burglary (41), and automobile thefts (12). Among the 37 complaints filed against violent crimes, there were 33 incidents of serious assault and 4 cases of robbery.
Older crime statistics
Although the number of criminal complaints filed in Screven County, Georgia, has significantly increased, the area still only receives about 150 cases every year. Despite a 90% plus increase in the averages of crime and a 13% rate of violent criminal activity, the low crime figures prevailed.