In Bulloch County, GA, a Magistrate issues arrest warrants and search warrants only after he or she has considered sworn testimony and found probable cause for issuing the arrest warrant. The Bulloch County Magistrate’s Court has jurisdiction to issue all arrest and search warrants for the county. To search for arrest records, you should contact the Magistrate Court during office hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. However, you may be required to come in person to perform a search for arrest records. The Magistrate Court for Bulloch County is located at 101 Oak Street (at the corner of Oak & Hill Streets) in Statesboro, Georgia.
The Clerk of Court for Bulloch County is responsible for maintaining court records for each county’s courts. This would include any criminal records for the Superior and State Courts in Bulloch County. Therefore, you will also want to search the court records that the Clerk of Court maintains. The office is located at 20 Siebald Street, Statesboro, GA 30458.
Another source for the search for arrest records is the Bulloch County Sheriff’s Office. The Sheriff’s Office is located at 17257 Hwy. 301 N. in Statesboro, Georgia. The Sheriff’s Office is responsible for serving active and outstanding warrants. You may contact either the Civil Process Clerk or the Criminal Warrants Clerk to inquire if there is an outstanding warrant for someone. There is no online database to search for arrest records; therefore, a telephone call or visit is necessary to find arrest records through the Sheriff’s Office.
How do you get information on Bulloch County active warrants and arrests over the phone? (2021- Update)
- To file a non-emergency complaint, contact the dispatch phone number at 912- 764-8888
- To get a warrant search done, call the Crime Suppression Team at 912-764-1786.
- To find out about recent arrests, dial 912-764-1751.
- To get in touch with a detective who is handling your case (victims only), call the CID Administrative Assistant at 912-764-1744.
- To request incident and arrest reports, call the Records Division at 912-681-8593.
- To contact Victim/Witness Services, call the Victim’s Advocate at 912-764-0018.
- To get a certified statement of a criminal conviction, call the Bulloch County Clerk of Court at 912-764-9009.
Crime Statistics of Bulloch County, GA
Between 2018 and 2019, the annual crime average of Bulloch County declined by almost 25%. As opposed to the incident rate of almost 650 cases in 2018, in the following year, only about 510 complaints were filed with the Sheriff’s Office. Of these complaints, more than 430 were against property crimes and around 80 were against violent crimes.
Between 1999 and 2008, crimes in Bulloch County happened about once every six hours. Only 12 murders were reported, while 9,337 thefts were reported. Crimes averaged between 1000 and 2000 each year between 1999 and 2005. During 2006, reported crimes dropped to less than 200 for the entire year, with no violent crimes reported. However, during 2007, over 2400 crimes were reported, which increased by another 100 or so during 2008.