It can be genuinely cumbersome to find information about active warrants from Banks County through online sources. This, despite the Georgia Bureau of Investigation providing an online service to find convicted felons in the state at https://gta.georgia.gov/georgia-felon-search.It, will be worthwhile to understand that the state agency will offer only records about cases that culminated in a conviction through their internet service.
So, if you want to conduct a regular warrant search where you get a low down on all active and outstanding warrants, driving down to the sheriff’s office or the local courthouse will be a better option. For one, you will also be able to see if your subject is on the list of the county’s most wanted, which is usually displayed at the precinct.
Also, the magistrate’s office will provide details on bench warrants issued against the person in question. Similarly, you can find civil cases against this individual through the office of the clerk of court. These agencies can be reached at:
- The office of the county clerk: 144 Homer Road, Suite 8, Homer, Georgia 30547
- The office of the magistrate: 144 Yonah Homer Rd, Homer, GA 30547
- The sheriff’s office: 160 Windmill Farm Road, Homer, Georgia 30547
Another online source of information on arrest warrants in Banks County is the third-party database offered through this site. You need to fill out the form above to access the repository. The advantage of using a privately maintained records database is that you can access nationwide information through such a source without stepping out of your home. Also, there is no fear of getting arrested even if there is an active warrant against you if you go through a third-party information vendor.
What are your options for finding details on warrants and recent arrests from Banks County over the phone? (2021-current)
- If you want to find out about arrests, call the Sheriff’s Office at (706) 677-2248.
- If you want to access arrest records of convicts, contact the agency at (706) 677-2248 Ext. 4017.
- If you want to do a warrant search, call the Court of the Magistrate at (706) 677-6270.
- If you want information on victim’s assistance, call Victim Services at (706) 387-6288.
- If you are interested in a criminal case search, call the Clerk of Superior Court at (706) 677-6240.
Crime statistics of Banks County
The criminal complaints handled by Banks 78 County Sheriff’s Department decreased by 13% in 2018 as compared to the prior year. In contrast, to the annual average of 514 events in 2017, around 447 cases were reported in 2018. Nearly 400 of these cases were filed against property offenses, while over 52 were filed against violent crimes.
Over the eight-year interval from 2001 to 2008, there has been a marked increase in the rate of overall violent crime in Banks County, GA; these figures have grown by an estimated 100%. Every year through this period, nearly 450 incidents were reported in Banks, of which no less than 10% were acts that could be categorized as violent crimes.