Finding arrest warrants in Chattooga County will require some legwork because neither the Sheriff’s Office nor the courts have online access to get information about active warrants. However, the good news is that arrest warrants are considered public information, so if you know where to look in Chattooga County, you can find out if someone has an outstanding warrant pending against him or her.
To begin your warrant search, you should look for arrest warrants issued through the courts serving Chattooga County. There are several courts with jurisdiction to issue arrest warrants within the county. To ensure you find all an individual’s arrest warrants, you should do a warrant search with each court. You can also request copies of court records in Chattooga County and documents from each office if you find an open criminal case.
- The Chattooga County Magistrate’s office is located at 10017 Commerce Street in Summerville, GA 30747.
- The Chattooga County Clerk of Superior Court is located at 10035 Commerce Street in Summerville, GA 30747.
- The Chattooga County Court is located at 10102 North Commerce Street in Summerville, GA 30747.
You must visit the Chattooga County Sheriff’s Office to search for outstanding warrants that have not been served. The office is located at 35 West Washing Street, Summerville, GA 30747. You can request copies of arrest warrants, arrest records, and criminal history reports through the warrant division.
How do you get information on Chattooga County active warrants and arrests over the phone? (2023)
- To find out about recent arrests, dial the phone number of Booking- 706-857-3413
- To learn about outstanding warrants, contact the Warrants Unit at 706-857-3411
- To get access to prisoner arrest records, reach out to the Chattooga County Jail at 706-857-0717.
- To learn more about obtaining criminal court records, contact the Magistrate’s Court at 706-857-0711 and the Clerk of the Superior Court at 706- 857-2494.
- To inquire about the assistance and services provided to victims and witnesses, call the District Attorney’s Office at 706-857-5557.
Chattooga County, GA crime data
The Sheriff’s Office of Chattooga County handled 113 criminal matters in 2019. Of the complaints filed, only 5 were against violent crimes, and all were assault cases. In contrast, property crimes led to the filing of over 100 complaints.
Instances of larceny-theft had the highest occurrence rate at more than 87 complaints/annum while burglary and motor vehicle theft led to 14 and 6 complaints respectively.
From 2001 through 2008, less than 950 crimes were committed within the county of Chattooga. Of those crimes, only eleven percent were violent. The majority of crimes reported dealt with theft or burglary. Even though the crimes per year seem low, over the ten years between 1999 and 2008, the rate of crime in Chattooga County great by over ninety percent.