Performing a warrant search in Walton County, GA, requires searching the court records for two different courts in Walton County. The first is the Walton County Superior Court. The Criminal Division of the Superior Court files misdemeanor and felony criminal cases. This includes filing warrants and indictments. There is no online database to search for outstanding warrants in Walton County; therefore, you must go to the Clerk of Court’s office in-person to perform a warrant search. The office is located in the Walton County Government Building at 303 S. Hammond Drive, Suite 335, Monroe, GA 30655. The office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Check the Clerk’s website for a current listing of staff, including the clerk for criminal matters.
The second location for searching arrest warrants is the Magistrate’s Court for Walton County. The Magistrate Court is responsible for issuing arrest warrants including, but not limited to, felony warrants, misdemeanor warrants, and search warrants. Searching for active arrest warrants should be done in person at the Magistrate Court’s office. The office is also located in the Walton County Government Building but Suite 116. The office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The Walton County Sherriff’s Office has a contact for warrants. Beware of contacting the Sherriff’s Office about outstanding warrants on yourself as they can use any information received against you (contacting an attorney is better if you suspect you have an outstanding warrant). If you are searching for a current inmate, you can view the entire list of inmates at the Walton County Detention Center.
How do you get information on Walton County active warrants and arrests over the phone? (2021- Update)
- Need general police and crime-related information- Contact the Sheriff’s Department at 770-267-6557.
- Want to obtain arrest records- Contact the agency at 770-266-1581.
- Need to know about recent arrests- Contact the Walton County Jail Division at 770-267-1422.
- Want to contact a detective who is looking into a criminal matter (for victims only)- Call the Investigation Division at 770-267-2391.
- Want to inquire about active warrants- Call the Warrants Unit at 770-267-1456.
- Need to obtain criminal case records- Contact the Clerk of Court’s office at 770-267-1307.
- Want more information about victim aid- Contact the District Attorney’s Office at 770-267-1335.
Crime Statistics of Walton County, GA
The Walton Sheriff’s Office got around 990 criminal complaints in 2019, compared to the over 1800 complaints handled in 2018. These comprised around 900 property-related offenses and 90 violent offenses.
Nearly 750 larceny thefts, 100 burglaries, and over 50 motor vehicle thefts were included in the property offenses category. Around 60 aggravated assaults, 14 rapes, and over 20 robberies were included in the violent crimes category.
Only 662 violent crimes were reported in Walton County from 2002 through 2008. The total number of crimes reported for that period was 9,337, with an average crime committed every 6 hours. Crimes in Walton County increased about 65% over those eight years.