When looking for information on Oglethorpe County, Georgia arrest records and active warrants, you will find very few internet-based resources. Although it is possible to get details on sex offenders living in the area and convicts serving time in the state’s prison system through official websites, neither the police nor the judiciary allows for a warrant search through their sites.
So, suppose you want to find out about any Oglethorpe County, GA outstanding warrants issued in the name of your subject. In that case, the only option is to visit these agency offices in person or mail in a formal inquiry. The contact information of these government departments is:
- The police: Hwy 78, Lexington, Georgia 30648
- The judiciary: 115 Buddy Faust Rd, Lexington, GA 30648
- The clerk of court: P.O. Box 68, Lexington, Georgia 30648
Of these three agencies, the county clerk maintains the court dockets for the entire judicial circuitry. For you, this means that you will be able to approach this agency for information on criminal and civil cases.
Similarly, while the police may not offer details on civil matters except for any bench warrants sent to them for execution, you will be able to get a wealth of other information from law enforcement; this includes a most wanted list, crime statistics, and more.
The magistrate’s office receives the original affidavit filed for the issue of arrest warrants in Oglethorpe County, Georgia. So, a representative of the law, including the defense attorney, will gather details on police evidence collected in the case through this source. The magistrate’s court will also have data on any other judicial processes issued against the person in question.
Can you get any information pertaining to Oglethorpe County warrants and arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- General crime-related information- Sheriff’s Office at (706) 743-8101.
- Recent arrests related information- Oglethorpe County Jail at (706) 743-8101, option-1.
- Warrants search related information- Magistrate’s Court at 706-743-8321.
- Criminal case related information- Investigation Division at (706) 743-8101, option-3 (for victims only).
- Case search-related information- Clerk of Court at (706) 743-5731.
- Victim’s assistance-related information- District Attorney’s Office at (706) 376-3128.
Crime statistics of Oglethorpe County
In Oglethorpe County, 205 criminal complaints were lodged in 2018. More than 160 of them were for property offenses, such as larceny-theft (120), burglary (35), and motor vehicle thefts (10). In the category of violent crimes, there were 36 cases of aggravated assault and 1 case of rape in the annual total of 40 incidents.
Older crime statistics
Every year 450 plus crimes occur in Oglethorpe County, Georgia; this 10% is violent. From 2007 to 2008, there has been a growth of approximately 18% in the overall crime rate and a dismal reduction of about 5% in violent crime instances.