Cook County, Georgia Warrants and Arrest Records

Georgia Arrest Records and Warrant Search

Please fill in the form below to begin your Georgia criminal records search

By searching you certify that you are above 18 years of age

Whether to issue an active warrant in Cook County, Georgia or not is left at the discretion of the magistrate who presides over criminal matters. This is not to say that the police have no role in the process. The court never initiates the procedure of its own accord. The sheriff’s department has to file a complaint with the magistrate’s office to arrest warrants.

The affidavit submitted in court contains all the information that the sitting judge will need to establish probable cause, which is a legal prerequisite for the issue of an active warrant. The arrest order is released in the name of one or two peace officers; however, all law enforcement officials in the county and outside have the authority to take the accused into custody.

Multiple warrants can be issued against an individual if he is accused of several criminal matters. All outstanding warrants, which arrest orders that have not been executed, are stored in the databases maintained by the county’s sheriff’s department, the state police, and a central repository hosted by the FBI.

The magistrate’s office that issues these arrest orders and the county clerk’s department that maintains the court dockets will have a record of all active warrants issued in Cook County, Georgia. The sheriff’s office maintains arrest records of offenders detained without a warrant and those who were taken into custody under the provisions of such an arrest order.

For a warrant search in Cook County, Georgia, you can head to:

  • The office of the sheriff: 1000 County Farm Road, Adel, Georgia 31620
  • The office of the clerk of court: 212 North Hutchinson Avenue, Adel, Georgia 31620
  • The office of the magistrate: Same as above

What phone numbers should you be dialing for a warrants search or arrests inquiry in Cook County? (2021-Update)  

  • Cook County recent arrests: 229-896-7471
  • Arrest records and police reports: 229-896-2224 or 229-896-7471
  • Warrants-related information: 229-896-3151
  • Crime victim assistance: 229-686-7015.
  • Judicial information, including case records: 229-896-7717.

Crime statistics of Cook County

In 2019, Cook County’s crime rate decreased by 5%. Around 36 of the 167 complaints were filed against violent people. These involved 34 cases of physical assault, 1 case of rape, and 1 case of robbery. The annual crime average included about 131 complaints of property crimes. Among these were 89 cases of larceny-theft, 25 of burglary, and 17 of car theft.

Older crime rate

Despite a reduction of nearly 50% in overall and violent crime rates, Cook County, GA, still logs in well over 500 criminal complaints every year. Of this figure, approximately 85% of cases are related to property theft, while the remaining 15% are against heinous crimes like sexual assault and murder.

Search Georgia arrest records by county: