The Court Services Division of the Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office handles the county courts’ criminal process functions. Once an arrest warrant is issued, the Sheriff’s Office handles serving the warrant and processing the defendant. The Support Services Division of the Sheriff’s Office maintains the records for the office. To search for arrest records, you can contact the Sheriff’s Office at 119 Old Monticello Road, Milledgeville, GA 31061.
The Baldwin County Sheriff’s Office has a link to the Macon Regional Crimestoppers website. The website claims to maintain a list of active and outstanding arrest warrants. This may also be a useful tool when searching for arrest records in Baldwin County. This website is not a government site; therefore, any information you get from this site should be verified with the appropriate court in Baldwin County.
The Magistrate’s Court issues the arrest warrants in Baldwin County have heard testimony to establish probable cause for a warrant. The Magistrate Court is a useful resource when searching for criminal records. You can contact the court at 121 N. Wilkinson Street, Suite 107, Milledgeville, GA 31061, or by telephone at 478-445-4446.
Once a hearing has been held on an outstanding warrant, the Clerk of Court will maintain the hearing records. To search the criminal records at the Clerk of Court, you must go to the office at 121 N. Wilkinson Street, Suite 209 in Milledgeville, GA 31061. The Clerk’s Office will have records of all hearings related to a criminal arrest warrant, including the verdict and the sentencing.
Is it possible to get information on Baldwin County arrests and warrants over the phone? (2021-update)
- For information on arrests, call the Jail Clerk or the Baldwin County Jail Administration at 478-445-2106
- For details on active warrants, get in touch with the Warrants Clerk at 478-445-2147 or 478-445-6184.
- For inquiries pertaining to open records and filing a request for open records, call 478-445-2550.
- For details pertaining to criminal history reports and criminal records exponent, call 478-445-2105
- For requesting police reports (accident/incident) get in touch with the Sheriff’s Office at 478-445-2115.
- For contacting a detective handling the investigation of a criminal case filed by you, call 478-445-2554.
- For information on accessing criminal judicial records, call the Baldwin County Clerk of Superior Court at 478-445-6324.
- For connecting with the Victim Services Office in Baldwin County, use the phone number of the local office of the District Attorney- 478- 445-5261.
Crime Statistics of Baldwin County, GA
In 2018, over 900 crimes were reported in Baldwin County. Of these, nearly 650 were property crimes and around 250 were violent crimes.
Property crimes included nearly 500 larceny-theft cases and over 120 burglary complaints, among others. The violent crime total included approximately 250 instances of aggravated assault, just 8 cases of rape, and 6 of robbery.
On average, from 1999 through 2008, 1,262 crimes occurred in Baldwin County each year. Except for 2005, reported crimes stayed under 1,000 per year through 2006. However, in 2007, crimes in Baldwin County more than doubled. Even though crime increased by 58% over the ten years, violent crimes fell by 5%.