If you want to do a warrant search in Rockdale County, Georgia, you will need to visit the County Magistrate’s office. The Magistrate Court is responsible for issuing arrest warrants and search warrants after conducting an application hearing. There are no online databases in Rockdale County to search for active or outstanding arrest warrants, so you must directly contact the Magistrate’s Court.
The Rockdale County Magistrate Court is located at 945 Court Street, Conyers, GA 30012. If making your request by mail, use the mailing address of PO Box 289, Conyers, GA 30012. However, you should contact the office before mailing in a request to check for any fees that may be charged for a warrant search. The office hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
The Rockdale County Sheriff’s Office is responsible for serving arrest warrants within the county. Checking for outstanding arrest warrants in person at the Sheriff’s office can be risky if you are the one with an active warrant, as you may be arrested if you appear in person. While there is no way to check for active warrants online, the Sheriff’s office has a registered sex offender database.
You can also check to see if someone has been incarcerated within the past 30 days by checking online with the Rockdale County Sherriff’s office. You can search for a specific name or view a list of all current inmates at the jail.
How do you get information on Rockdale County active warrants and arrests over the phone? (2021- Update)
- For information on recent arrests, dial the phone number of Jail Bookings- 770-278-8200
- For general jail-related information and inmate services, call 770-483-4200.
- For general inquiries, get in touch with the Sheriff’s Office at 770-278-8000
- For information on arrest warrants, call the Records Unit at 770-278-8001/8002.
- For victim’s services and information on order of protection, contact the District Attorney’s Office at 770-278-7990.
- For arrest records and other police reports, call 770-483-4200/ 770 483 6600 (Conyers PD).
- For looking up judicial records, call the Clerk of Court at 770-278-7873 or 7900 (State Court) and 770-278-7696 (Superior Court).
Crime Statistics of Rockdale County, GA
Of the 1260 complaints received by the Rockdale Sheriff’s Department in 2019, almost 1120 were against property crimes while the rest were against violent crimes.
The property crimes reported were: almost 900 larceny thefts, 140 burglaries, and 80 motor vehicle thefts. Violent crimes involved over 90 aggravated assaults, almost 20 rapes, and 34 robberies.
From 2001 through 2008, theft, burglary, and auto theft made up almost 90% of the total crimes in Rockdale County. However, during this same period, violent crimes increased 77 percent. In 2001, Rockdale County had around 1,000 crimes during the entire year, but in 2008, there were nearly 4,000 crimes committed within the county.