While there is a myriad of options for people interested in a warrant search in Fannin County, Georgia, the one that you pick will squarely depend on the reasons for seeking information on arrest warrants and the amount of data you need.
For instance, if you are keen on a personal background report for employment purposes, it would be best to approach a state agency. However, if you need to know whether there is an outstanding warrant in your name in Fannin, LA, it would be prudent to stay away from government offices as a casual visit might lead to arrest.
In this case, the most suitable solution would be to use a third-party database of criminal records; fill the form above to access a reliable and in-depth repository of the warrant and arrest records from all over the country. Another option is to get a lawyer or somebody you know to conduct the warrant search on your behalf discreetly.
Regardless of whether you are heading to the police or judiciary on your own or have asked a friend to get information on active warrants and arrest records for you, there are only three government offices to approach.
- The sheriff: 645 West First Street, Blue Ridge, Georgia 30513
- The magistrate of Fannin County: 400 W Main St, Blue Ridge, GA 30513
- The clerk of court: Same as above
At all three state divisions, you will need to furnish some form of personal identification before they accept a formal request for a warrant search. Apart from this, all you will need is a few bucks and a day or two, and you will be handed over the information you are looking for.
How do you get information on Fannin County active warrants and arrests over the phone? (2021- Update)
- Call Fannin County Detention if you’re looking for records of inmates or are interested in an inmate search- (706) 632-2045
- Contact the non-emergency phone line of the Sheriff’s Office for anything that’s related to arrests, incidents, and accidents- (706) 632-2044
- Call the Investigations Division to know the status of a criminal case- (706) 258-5233.
- Contact the Fannin County Victim-Witness Line in case you need crime victim assistance- (706) 946-2496
- Call the Office of the Clerk of Court to learn about the process for initiating a judicial record search-(706) 632-2039
Crime Statistics of Fannin County, GA
The Fannin Sheriff’s Department recorded around 330 criminal complaints in 2019, a significant rise from the 265 cases filed in 2018. There were around 300 property offenses and approximately 30 offenses against people.
Around 200 larceny thefts, 61 burglaries, and 35 motor vehicle thefts were recorded in the property crimes category. The majority of the violent crimes reported were maters of assault, at 20 cases. In addition, 8 instances of rape and 2 homicides were also reported.
Fannin County, Georgia, has one of the lowest crime rates in the state, and it’s reflected in the fact that less than 100 crimes occur in the area each year, despite a whopping increase of almost 80% in the rate of overall and violent crimes through the eight years from 2001 to 2008. If this upward trajectory of criminal acts is not curbed in time, the annual incident figures may very well balloon to 200 or more.