In Candler County, GA, an arrest warrant may be sought before the police take a person into custody. This ensures that the accused does not claim that his rights were compromised when the case goes to trial. Without a warrant, if the defense attorney raises this point, the case may be dismissed.
So, to play it safe, when an arrest cannot be made immediately after the crime is committed and in matters that require an investigation, the sheriff’s office chooses to get Candler arrest warrants from the court. To do so, an affidavit has to be filed with the office of the magistrate.
This is treated as a formal complaint against the offender; the writ outlines the accused’s role in the crime and why the said incident is considered criminal if the judge sees enough evidence for any person to believe that the accused’s criminal incident, a Candler County active warrant is handed to the peace officers.
When a judicial order of this nature cannot be executed within a stipulated period, it becomes an outstanding warrant. However, no difference is made to the powers of the decree through the change in terminology. A warrant search in Candler can be initiated to look for active and outstanding warrants. Also, such an inquiry will get you a detailed report on the arrest records of a person. For data on warrants, go to or write to:
- The sheriff: E Hiawatha, Metter, Georgia 30439
- The magistrate: 355 S. Broad St, Metter, GA 30439
- The clerk of court: PO Drawer 830, Metter, Georgia 30439
How do access arrest records and details on warrants from Candler County over the phone? (Valid in 2021)
- Get an incident or arrest report by contacting local law enforcement agencies- 912-685-2568 (Candler County Sheriff’s Office) or 912-685-2291 (City of Meter PD).
- Obtain details about active warrants by contacting the Magistrate’s Court- 912 -685-2888.
- Get information on arrests and jail records by calling the Candler County Jail Division- 912-685-2291.
- Access information about victim-witness services by calling 912-685-5500.
- Get information about obtaining criminal judicial records by contacting the Clerk of Court- (912) 685-5257.
Crime statistics of Candler County
The Candler Sheriff’s Office handled 50 criminal complaints in 2019, compared to 109 in 2018. Of these, 41 were property offenses, and 9 were violent offenses. The reported crimes included: 31 larceny thefts, 9 burglaries, 1 auto theft, 5 aggravated assaults, 1 rape, and 3 robberies.
Older crime rate
In the period between 2001 to 2007, almost 600 crimes were reported in Candler County, GA. This works out to nearly 150 incidents per annum. Of these, almost 12% were instances that would qualify as violent. Through the interval mentioned above, there was a significant drop in the crime averages of the area.