Berrien County, Georgia, is no different from the other geographical divisions of the state regarding the accessibility of arrest records. Like other counties, Berrien, GA active warrants cannot be found online. This leaves you with only one choice when conducting a warrant search in the area- you will have to visit the office of one or the other justice agency to get this data.
Some of the state agencies that are legally bound to provide information on outstanding warrants in Berrien, GA, include:
- The sheriff’s department: 500 County Farm Rd, Nashville, Georgia 31639
- The office of the county clerk: Davis Street, Nashville, Georgia 31639
- The court of the magistrate: 201 N North Davis St, Nashville, GA 31639
It is imperative to understand that while all agencies offer the essential background and arrest warrants check, there is also a wealth of ancillary information that can be received from these sources. Whether your search is motivated by professional or personal reasons, the additional data can undoubtedly come in handy when deciding to forge ties with the subject.
For example, suppose you intend to get into a business alliance with a person. In that case, it will help to know if he/she has ever filed for bankruptcy or insurance claims or if any civil litigations are pending against him. This information can be received from the office of the county clerk. On the same lines, you can get data on the most wanted perpetrators of an area from the sheriff’s office along with a detailed criminal background check on your subject, which will help when making a hiring decision.
Is it possible to acquire information about Berrien County warrants and arrests over the phone? (2021-Update)
- For requesting an arrest report or an incident/accident report- 229-686-7071- Sherriff’s Office, 229-686-6558- Nashville PD, Enigma Police Department 229-533-4185, Alapaha Police Department 229-532-7475 and
- For learning more about active warrants-229-686-7019.
- For inquiring about recent arrests and prisoner arrest records-229-686-7664
- For getting case-specific information concerning a criminal complaint you have made-
- For accessing general information-
- For getting information on civil court orders and bench warrants-
- For requesting information on victim services- 229-686-7015.
- For accessing criminal judicial records: (229) 686-5506.
Crime statistics of Berrien County
Property crimes accounted for the majority of the nearly 185 crimes reported in Berrien County in 2019, with 132 complaints. There were about 31 burglaries and around 90 larceny thefts in this category. In the category of violent crimes, there were 47 reports of aggravated assault and 3 reports of rape.
Older crime rates
Less than 200 crimes occur in Berrien County every year. Of these, nearly 10% are acts that can be categorized as violent criminal occurrences. In most cases reported in the area, the incident occurs when the victim is very close to his home or office. Overall, Berrien’s crime scene looks worrisome, with a growth of 100% in the crime averages.