Detention can only occur once the sheriff’s department has procured an active warrant from Bacon County, Georgia, against you. The police have to follow strict legal protocol o get arrest warrants. The first thing is to prepare for the pre-warrant hearing is the assimilation of case related facts.
These are put down in a writ and handed over to the magistrate’s representative. A division of the law enforcement agency prepares this document based on the investigating officers’ proof. The petition has the details criminal incident, how the accused was involved in it, and the witnesses, evidence, etc., available in the case.
This is diligently considered during the warrant hearing as the probable cause has to be established before a Bacon active warrant can be released. Because the judiciary and the police work closely for such an arrest order, you will find information on outstanding warrants from several state agencies. So, a Bacon County warrant search can be sought from the following state departments:
- The office of the sheriff: 307 S Dixon St, PO Box 237, Alma, Georgia 31510
- The office of the magistrate: 502 E 12th St, Alma, GA 31510
- The office of the clerk of court: Corner of 12th & Dixon, Alma, Georgia 31510
Apart from this, the local police also offer an online provision when you need information on arrest records and warrants. To find an online tool for a Bacon warrant search, go to the sheriff’s website at http://www.baconcountyso.com/index.html. A most wanted list is also out up on the site at http://www.baconcountyso.com/index.html.
How do you contact state agencies over the phone for an arrest report or information about warrants from Bacon County? (Updated-2021)
- Use the non-emergency dispatch phone line to get information about recent arrests- (912) 632-8515.
- Call the Bacon County Jail if you’re looking for the arrest report of an inmate or are interested in an inmate search- (912) 632-5166.
- Contact the Sheriff’s Office for anything that’s related to arrests, incidents, and accidents- (912) 632-2658/5161.
- Get in touch with the Magistrate Court for information on bench warrants and arrest warrants- (912) 632-5961
- Contact the District Attorney’s Office in case you need victim assistance- (912) 287-4395
- Call the Office of the Clerk of Court to learn about the process for initiating a judicial record search- (912) 632-4915.
Crime statistics of Bacon County
The Bacon County Sheriff’s Office received 178 criminal complaints in 2018, compared to the 141 criminal instances in 2017. There were 163 property offenses and 15 violent crimes among them.
Around 100 larceny thefts, 62 burglaries, and 3 motor vehicle thefts were included in the property offenses category. Nearly 15 aggravated assaults and 1 rape were the offenses listed in the violent crimes category.
Older crime statistics
Bacon County, Georgia, is another state with a crime rate that does not reach the 200 marks. However, this might change very soon if the 60% plus rise in violence and overall crime is not controlled in time. Also, the rate of violent acts has to be closely monitored as it currently stands at nearly 10% of the annual crime average.