Although there are options available for conducting arrest warrant searches in Wheeler County, Georgia, privately, a lot of applicants choose the formal route of approaching state entities for the job. Of course, their reasons for doing so are understandable given the fact that despite the apparent convenience of third party arrest warrant inquiries, the results of such searches have no official standing.
Then again, the path you take should firmly be based on why you intend to look for details on crime history in the first place. For instance, let us say you want to know if the new neighbor has ever faced arrests in the state or if he has any outstanding warrants to his name. Since the inquiry will only be informative, you can use a privately maintained database like the one linked to this website.
To access the repository, you will need to fill the form above. One of the advantages of going the third party way is that you will find information on active warrants and arrest records of Wheeler County and the rest of the nation.
However, suppose you intend to use the background report to make a hiring decision. In that case, the inquiry results will have to be notified to the candidate and the agency that offered them. So, you will have to seek information from a state agency for this purpose. Also, for immigration, adoption, and the like, a formal report will be required. For this, you can go to:
- The sheriff: PO Box 126, Alamo, Georgia 30411
- The magistrate: 119 Pearl St, Alamo, GA 30411
- The clerk of court: PO Box 38, Alamo, Georgia 30411
How do you contact Wheeler County officials to inquire about active warrants and recent arrests? (2021-current)
- 912-568-7151- The Wheeler County Sheriff’s Office to find out more about arrests and inmates.
- 912-568-7153- Alamo PD for police reports, accident reports, and criminal arrest records involving matters handled by them.
- 912-568-7133- The Wheeler County Magistrate Court for details on arrest warrants.
- 478-374-3482- The District Attorney’s Office for victim-witness assistance.
- 912-568-7137- The Office of the Clerk of Court for judicial records and a case search.
Crime statistics of Wheeler County
In 2017, Wheeler County Police filed 48 criminal cases, which included 42 crimes against property and 6 crimes against persons.
Of the property crimes, 33 were larceny thefts, and 9 were burglaries. Of the reported violent crimes, 5 were aggravated assaults, and 1 was rape.
Older crime statistics
Despite a near doubling of crime figures, Wheeler County seems to be in the green as far as annual incident averages go. Every year, just about 30 criminal complaints are filed with the local police, one of Georgia’s lowest crime rates. Violent crimes account for only about 6% of this figure.