With an increase of almost 100% in the crime rates of Rabun, Georgia, you should certainly consider doing a warrant search before hiring a person for your business in the area. Even if you intend to strike up a casual friendship with someone, it would be prudent to look for any outstanding warrants in his/her name. Fortunately, the justice department makes it simple to look for details on arrest records and active warrants from Rabun County, Georgia.
To begin with, take your search to the office of the county clerk. This agency is known to maintain the court dockets, written records of what went on when the matter was on trial. So, if any warrants or other judicial orders were issued in the case, you will find details on these in the court dockets.
The court clerk will also be able to furnish details on civil litigations apart from criminal cases. So, the information you get from this state agency will be far more exhaustive than the other departments that work in law enforcement and the judiciary.
The police should be your next point of contact regarding exploring the state maintained databases of criminal history information. The sheriff’s deputies serve all criminal warrants and search orders. So, they keep records on all Rabun County, GA outstanding warrants. You will also be able to get data on other crime-related matters like the county’s overall crime rate and the most wanted list, etc.
The magistrate’s court should be the third stop in your search for details about Rabun County, Georgia, arrest warrants. They can help you with generic warrant searches and offer data on the judicial provisions issued in specific cases. You can connect with these agencies by visiting them at:
- The office of the magistrate: 25 Courthouse Square, Clayton, GA 30525
- The sheriff’s department: 25 Courthouse Square; Suite 301, Clayton, Georgia 30525
- The office of the county clerk: 25 Courthouse Square, Suite 105Clayton, Georgia 30525
Over the phone, how can you inquire about active warrants and recent arrests from Rabun County? (2021-current)
- For information on recent arrests, call the Rabun County Jail at 706-212-7981.
- For arrest records and incident reports, connect with the Sheriff’s Office at 706-782-3612.
- To ask about arrest warrants, call the Rabun Magistrate’s Court at 706-782-2285.
- For victim’s assistance and information, call the District Attorney’s Office at 478-986-3166.
- For information on initiating a criminal case search, call the Clerk of Court at 706-782-3615.
Crime statistics of Rabun County
The crime rate in the county decreased by 10% in 2019. Nearly 15 of the 224 complaints were filed against violent crimes. These involved 11 cases of physical assault and 1 case of rape, among others. There were roughly 210 property crime complaints filed in 2019. Of these, 154 were attributed to larceny-theft.
Older crime statistics
Although less than 200 crime reports are lodged in Rabun County, Georgia, every year, the doubling of crime figures in recent times has been a cause of concern for residents and the police. Of the total annual crime activity, nearly 9% are attributed to violent criminal acts.