Searching for arrest records in Habersham County, GA, begins with the Magistrate Court. The Magistrate Court has civil jurisdiction of claims less than $15,000. The criminal jurisdiction of the Magistrate Court includes pre-warrants and warrants. Pre-warrant hearings are used to determine if there is sufficient probable cause to issue a warrant for the defendant’s arrest. If probable cause exists, an arrest warrant may be issued.
The Magistrate’s Court is located at 226 Grant Street in the Courthouse Annex in Clarkesville, GA 30523.
When searching for court records in Habersham County, the best place to begin is the Clerk of Court’s office. The Clerk of Superior Court also serves as the Clerk of State Court in Habersham County. The Clerk’s office is charged with maintaining the records for court proceedings, including criminal court hearings. To search for records from criminal court proceedings, visit the Clerk’s office in the County Courthouse at 555 Monroe Street in Clarkesville.
The Habersham County Sheriff’s Department previously had a list of the county’s most wanted website. You could see the county’s top suspects and the charges for each. You also contacted the Criminal Records Division to inquire about active warrants, outstanding warrants, or other criminal records maintained by the Sheriff’s Office. If you want to know if an arrest warrant has been served and the person has been arrested, check the current inmate section of the Sheriff’s website for a list of individuals currently housed in the county jail.
Is it possible to get information on Habersham County arrests and warrants over the phone? (2021-Update)
- Get an incident or arrest report by contacting the police- (706)839-0519.
- Obtain details about active warrants by contacting the Civil Division- (706)839-0566.
- Get information on arrests and jail records by calling – (706)839-0503.
- Access details about a criminal complaint by calling Criminal Investigations- (706)839-0551.
- Get general information and register a non-emergency complaint by calling- (706)839-0500.
- Access information about assistance available to crime victims by calling (706) 839-0370.
- Get information about obtaining criminal judicial records by contacting the Clerk of Court- (706) 839-0300.
Crime Statistics of Habersham County, GA
In 2019, the Habersham Sheriff’s Office received over 400 criminal complaints, compared to the nearly 700 crimes reported in 2018. There were 350 property offenses and 50 violent crimes among the total.
Over 220 larceny thefts, 100 burglaries, and 20 motor vehicle thefts were reported under the category of property offenses. Around 50 aggravated assaults and 10 rapes were included in the category of violent crimes.
Compared to other counties similar to Habersham, the crime rate in Habersham County is pretty low. Between 2001 and 2008, there were only 4,288 crimes reported, which averages one crime every 16 hours within the county. Of those crimes reported, only three of them were murder. The majority of crimes were related to theft.