In Lamar County, Georgia, arrest warrants are issued when the local police file a complaint in court against an alleged offender. The request for an active warrant is only made when law enforcement officials cannot arrest the suspect on the spot after the crime has been committed or immediately after.
Suppose a police officer is not a witness to the crime. In that case, the court needs to be notified of the proof available in the matter and witness testimony, which led the investigators to conclude that the person in question was involved. Active orders for detention do not go out of effect.
Once they remain un-served for a specified period, they are stored in the police database as outstanding warrants, which can be executed at any time in the future. So, when you do a warrant search in Lamar County, you will not only receive the low down on the arrest records of your subject but also on all outstanding warrants against him, regardless of how old they are.
However, information on warrants in cases that did not result in a conviction will be held back from civilian applicants. This is where a third party database of arrest records can come to your rescue. If you would like to know about any criminal matters that the subject was involved in, fill the form above to access a national repository of records.
For information in civil matters, including any legal instruments like bench warrants issued by a family court in the area, it would help to approach the county clerk’s office as they keep the court dockets. In contrast, if you are keen on accessing details about a specific criminal case, it will undoubtedly help to take your warrant search to the office of the magistrate.
For a criminal background check sticking with the office of the sheriff should do. These agencies can be contacted at:
- Sheriff: 121 Roberta Drive, Barnesville, Georgia 30204
- Magistrate: 408 Thomaston St, Barnesville, GA 30204
- County Clerk: Same as above
How can I get arrest records and warrant details from Lamar County over the phone? (Expires in 2021)
- For information on recent arrests, dial the phone number of Jail Operations- 770-358-5151.
- For arrest records and information on warrants handled by the Sheriff’s Office, contact the agency at 770-358-5159.
- For information on arrest warrants, call the Court of the Magistrate at 770-358-5154.
- For requesting victim’s assistance, call the DA’s Office at 770-504-2407.
- For looking up judicial records, call the Clerk of Court at 770-358-5145.
- For police reports, accident reports, arrest records, and criminal records from Barnesville PD, get in touch with the agency at 770-358-1244.
Crime statistics of Lamar County
The Sheriff’s Office of Lamar County handled approximately 135 criminal matters in 2018. Of the total number of complaints filed, around 115 were against property crimes while 22 were against violent crimes.
With 71 cases, larceny-theft had the highest occurrence rate of all property crimes. Burglary brought in around 25 complaints. Aggravated assault cases formed the bulk of violent crimes at 20 incidents.
Older crime statistics
Of the estimated 300 crimes reported in Lamar County, Georgia, almost 20% are violent every year and include homicide and sexual assault incidents, with nearly 2 case reports filed per annum. There has been an increase of almost 80% in the overall crime rate from 2001 to 2008.