Are you looking for an arrest warrant search in Randolph County, GA? Why not take your inquiry to one of the state agencies listed below. Each of these departments has a distinctive role to play in the criminal process of the state. A closer look at the procedure used for handling adult offenders shows that the issue of an arrest warrant signals the start of criminal proceedings against a person.
However, a lot has to be done before an active warrant can come into being. For instance, the police have to conclude their investigation, and they should have a clear idea about who is responsible for the criminal occurrence. Also, this determination has to be based on case facts, evidence, and witness testimony.
Once the police file an affidavit in the tribunal for the order’s issue, the responsibility shifts to the judiciary. The sitting magistrate decides on the merits of the charges being sought against the accused before he commands the suspects’ arrests. The county clerk’s office maintains its presence throughout the session to record the court dockets.
So, when you need to find information on Randolph County outstanding warrants, you can refer to the most wanted lists on the sheriff’s website, or you could visit one of the agencies listed below. The second approach’s advantage is that you will find arrest records and information on warrants through these government entities.
- The sheriff: 156 Peachtree St, Cuthbert, Georgia 39840
- The magistrate: 93 Front Street, Cuthbert, GA 39840
- The clerk of court: 208 Court Street, Cuthbert, Georgia 39840
Over the phone, how do you acquire information on Randolph County warrants and arrests? (This page was last updated in 2021.)
- To find out about recent arrests, dial the phone number of the Sheriff’s Department- 229-732-2525.
- To obtain arrest records and incident reports from Cuthbert PD, contact the agency at 229-732-2323.
- To conduct a warrant search, call the Randolph County Magistrate Court at 229-732-2525.
- To receive details about victim’s assistance, contact the District Attorney’s Office at 229-732-3773.
- To get information on how to begin a criminal case search, contact the Clerk of Court at 229-732-2216.
Crime statistics of Randolph County
In 2018, the Randolph County Police filed 32 criminal cases, as opposed to the 50 crimes handled in the previous year. These included 29 crimes against property and 3 crimes against persons.
Of the property crimes, 16 were larceny thefts, 11 were burglaries, and 2 were motor vehicle thefts. All 3 violent crimes reported were instances of assault.
Older crime statistics
Nearly 100 criminal incident reports were filed in Randolph County, Georgia, from 2002 to 2007. Of these crimes, approximately 20 were violent acts. There was a distinct improvement in the area’s crime scene as reported, and violent crime rates plunged by nearly 40% through this period.