If you have an outstanding bench warrant, you should take this just as seriously as an arrest warrant. A bench warrant will result in your arrest and incarceration just as an arrest warrant will. The difference is that a bench warrant is issued for the failure to comply with a court order, whereas an arrest warrant is issued for a specific crime. If you want to search for arrest warrants in White County, you must know where to look.
The first place to look for arrest warrants in White County is the Magistrate Court. The Magistrate Court is responsible for issuing most of the active warrants for the county. Here you can request information on active warrants and criminal proceedings. The next step in your warrant search will take you to the Clerk of Court’s Office.
The Clerk of Court keeps the court records for both the Superior Court and the Magistrate Court. This is where you will want to search for open criminal cases and request copies of court documents. Unless a court case has been sealed, it is considered a public record, and you can request copies of court records from any open or closed case. The Clerk’s Office is located at 59 South Main Street, Suite B in Cleveland, GA 30528.
Continue warrant search by contacting the Sheriff’s Office for White County to search for any outstanding warrants that have not been served. The Sheriff’s Office is also where you will find arrest records and criminal history reports. You can contact the Sheriff by visiting the office at 1210 Hulsey Road in Cleveland, GA 30545.
Is it possible to get information on White County arrests and warrants over the phone? (2021-Update)
- Requests for arrest records can be directed to the Records/Warrants Clerk at 706-865-6717.
- Inquiries about recent arrests can be directed to the Detention Center at 706-865-5177.
- Request for details about a criminal investigation can be directed to the detective concerned by calling the non-emergency dispatch phone number- non-emergency dispatch at 706-865-0911.
- Inquiries about initiating a judicial record search can be directed to the Office of the Court Clerk at 706-865-2613.
- Requests for crime victim’s assistance can be directed to the District Attorney’s Office at 706-865-3306.
White County, GA crime data
Of the 300 criminal matters handled by the White County Sheriff’s Office, nearly 200 were larceny thefts. In fact, over 275 criminal complaints filed through the year were against property offenses. Apart from theft cases, this category included around 70 burglaries and 9 motor vehicle thefts. In contrast, only about 20 complaints were attributed to violent crimes, and most of these were against assault cases.
White County experienced an increase in the rate of crime by almost seventy percent between 1999 and 2008. From 2001 through 2008, nearly 3,000 crimes were committed within the county’s boundaries, including approximately 300 violent crimes.